One of my favorite things to do, is bake with my daughter.
It takes me back to the days of baking with my mom.
Back to the days where you could lick the spoon and didn’t know to worry about ecoli or other “raw egg” illnesses. Licking the batter off of the spoon was the best prize ever!
To this day, I haven’t found a recipe this good.
I’m going to share it with you today in hopes that you can bake it with your children and make some special memories like my mom and I share…and, now my daughter and I. It originally came from my Grandma Amy. So, it’s very special!
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 2 c. flower
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 T warm water
- 1/2 c walnuts, chocolate chips or blueberries
- mix butter, sugar, eggs and mashed bananas
- add baking powder to flour and blend with creamed mixture
- dissolve soda and salt in warm water
- add to mixture
- add nuts, chocolate chips or blueberries (if desired)
- bake 350 degrees (glass pan: 45 min, tin pan: 50 min)
- makes 2 loaves
Enjoy! I’d love to hear what you think of it! Did you make it with your kids? Did they have fun?