I have been nominated by Red Letters for the Real Neat Blog Award! If you haven’t checked it out…you really should! They are a husband/wife duo and I have found their devotions to be so thought-provoking! Bonus: they are musicians as well!
I am so very honored to be nominated.
It’s been such a blessing to be able to share with others my day to day experiences with: motherhood, my growing faith, my love for hiking and making each day an adventure.
This nomination encourages me to keep going and proves that my words are being used to touch others which is my goal for this blog! Thank you to Red Letters for the nomination. And, thank you to all my blogging friends/followers for being so supportive!
Here are the rules for the ‘Real Neat Blog Award’:
1. Put the award logo on your blog
2. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs
3. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc)
6. Ask your nominees 7 questions
Here’s your chance to get to know a little more about me!
Questions for me:
1. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
If I were to choose one event to witness, I think it would be the birth of my grandchildren some day. We aren’t promised tomorrow and I really pray I will have the opportunity to see my children as parents some day! My kids have brought so much joy to my life. I hope to be able to see that joy in the eyes of my kids when they become parents themselves!
2. Where is the next place you’d like to travel to and why?
We are a military family currently stationed in Hawaii. We are hoping to visit all of the Hawaiian Islands while we are here. We’ve been to Maui and the Big Island. Each island is so unique and special. My dream would be to experience each one with my family!
3. Describe your personality in three words.
4. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be and why?
This is a timely question since I’ve been in the process of decluttering my house lately! With kids, we tend to accumulate so much stuff (ugh)!
If I were to pick 5 THINGS to keep, they would be:
My wedding ring, a family scrapbook, the Bible I use for Bible journaling…that’s probably it! I’ve lately opened my eyes to things being just things so they don’t hold as much value to me as they used to.
5. What does a perfect day look like to you?
Every day in “paradise” has the opportunity to be a perfect day. I try to keep this in mind and embrace it. I start each day with a cup (or 2 or 3) of coffee and reading my Bible. Ideally, I would already have everything packed for a day of adventures. I would hike to the top of a mountain and spend as long as I want taking in the amazing ocean view and thanking God for this “perfect day”. I would grab lunch at a taco food truck (see how I had to find time for some tacos in my perfect day!) Then, I would spend the rest of the day sitting in the shade of a palm tree on the beach reading and listening to the ocean waves. As the sun sets, I would enjoy an umbrella drink and watch the sky change colors until the stars come out and it’s time to rest.
6. How would your friends describe you?
My friends always say I’m a goofball. I love to make people laugh and making sure we are having fun in everything we do. This is a side of me you probably don’t see so much of through my blogging where I tend to be a little more serious. I think maybe I need to change that. What do you think? Is it time for silly Lacy to come out!?!?
7. What is a skill you’d like to learn and why?
I have a “Make-it Monday” section of my blog where I post about a different DIY project each week. One thing I would like to get better at is wood working. I REALLY enjoy refurbishing furniture but, I’d love to be able to build more from scratch! I think it’s so neat to see the transformation take place!
I would like to nominate these amazing blogs:
7 Questions for my nominees:
- What is the main reason as to why you started blogging?
- Explain one personality trait that gets you into trouble sometimes.
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- Who inspires you?
- If you could have chosen a profession other than your own, what would it be?
- What item is at the top of your “bucket list”?
- Share with us your favorite quote?
Please know you are not obligated to participate.
I highly encourage readers to comment answering these questions as well if they like!
Thanks for reading!