5 things you should quit right now:
1. Judging: Judging yourself and others will get you nowhere! Just stop! Be proud of who you are and let others be proud of who they are without the fear of people judging them. I believe we would all benefit from this mindset! Let it start with you!
2. Procrastinating: This seems like a no-brainer, right? Well, I recently made it a personal goal to “not put things off for tomorrow what can be done today.” I can’t believe how much of a difference it’s made in just these few short weeks! I feel much more accomplished. More organized. More prepared even. Try it!
3. Eating crappy food: Okay, if you know me, you know I enjoy a good food binge every now and then. Here’s the proof: I Ate the Entire 7-Course Meal…and I Don’t Feel Guilty! I find it important to not “deprive yourself” of things. I think it makes you crave them even more. But, with that being said, over the past few years, I’ve also been much more mindful of the foods I eat on a regular basis. I can tell a HUGE difference on how I feel on the days I eat a regular healthy meal at home vs a quick drive through McDonald’s. That’s proof enough for me to quit eating the crappy foods! Choose what you put into your body wisely. You are what you eat after all!
4. Living with regrets: Regrets. We all have them. But, when we dwell on them, they can consume us. Live and learn. Move on. You are only wasting time dwelling on them. Replace those thoughts with something else. Remind yourself of all of the GOOD you have done or the things you are proud of to have accomplished. Write it down if you have to! I recently did this. By the end, I was on “Cloud 9.” I couldn’t help but feel like a proud Barney Fife. Our mind controls so much. Keep it focused on the positive!
5. Wearing uncomfortable clothes: Okay, you might find this one crazy. But, one thing I’ve learned from my “old” age is life is too short to not be comfortable! Don’t wear something just because it’s popular or because you saw it in a magazine. Wear what you like and ONLY if it makes you feel confident and uplifted! Be your own beautiful self!
If you could pick 5 things to quit right now, what would they be?
Feel free to respond with your own list by linking to this post. Or, comment below!