Instant Pot Apple Sauce
(Using Essential Oils)
If you know me, you know I LOVE my Instant Pot! I also LOVE essential oils. So, when I found this way to combine the two, I was in heaven! Using Essential Oils internally may be something new for you. But, let me tell you, once you get started, you won’t go back! You could also experiment with using Cinnamon Bark Vitality Essential oil as a replacement for the cinnamon (I have that cooking now and it smells incredible!)
- 12 Apples
- 1tbs Cinnamon
- 1tbs Organic Honey
- 2tbs Butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 drop of Lemon Vitality Essential oil (or about half of the juice of a lemon)
- Peel your apples. I discovered I like to use my potato peeler for this. Once the apples are peeled, I use my apple slicer to slice them up. You can then cut them into bite sizes if you want to. But, it’s not necessary unless you have large apples.
- Toss the apples into the Instant Pot
- Measure your remaining ingredients and add them to the pot.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and make sure it’s in the “sealed” position.
- Using the High-Pressure setting, cook for 3 Minutes-Yes! Just 3 minutes is all it takes once the pot is pressurized!
- Just sit back, relax and start enjoying that sweet smell!
- Let the pot do a “natural release” (You’ll know it’s done when the little silver lever is released down)
- Let it sit about 10-15 minutes.
- Some people use a fork or blender to “blend” the softened apples. I like to use my Pampered Chef Mix N Chop tool.
- That’s it! Eat it while it’s warm!
This doesn’t last long in my house! But, if you do have some leftovers, I like to store mine in Mason Jars in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 3-4 days.
If you try this, let me know how it goes! I’d love to hear if your family enjoyed it!
*DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or health care professional. The informational content I provide is based exclusively on my own research, opinions, and personal experience. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, and/or take the place of medical treatment prescribed by a doctor or medical professional.