Do you know the 8 reindeer names without singing the famous song?
There’s Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. But, we all know our favorite reindeer is Rudolph!
I made these little Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer treat bags for my MOPS group one Christmas.
Talk about cute! The kids loved them!
You will need:
- small ziplock sandwich bags
- baby elastics (I use the little baby hair ties)
- brown pipe cleaners
- google eyes
- red pom-pom balls
- glue dots
- fill a ziplock bag with pretzels starting with one corner and going until you have it the “face” size/shape you want it to be
- use a baby elastic to close the bag securely
- twist the pipe cleaner around the baby elastic and then shape them to look like antlers
- add your google eyes (mine had adhesive already on them. If yours don’t, use a glue dot)
- use a glue dot to attach a red pom-pom nose towards the tip of the bag
It’s as easy as that!
We also made these to pass out to the mailman, school volunteers, the librarians at the library we visit, Sunday School teachers and even a few cashiers when we checked out at the store.
They are so cute. It’s impossible for people to not smile when they receive them!
And, since I know you’ve been singing the song as you read this (or you will be soon), here is the video for your enjoyment! Merry Christmas!